My Year of Being 30

July 17, 2019


Beautiful Funfetti Cake

I turned 31 on Friday, and it got me reflecting about my year of being 30. Although I felt no different, there are a couple of lessons I have learnt along the way ...

1. Winged eyeliner is pretty impossible. In my 31 years on this earth, (at least 15 of them loving make up) I have decided it is impossible! If not in general, then on me.

2. Red lipstick makes you look more 'put together'. I have only discovered this in the last few months after finding one that doesn't budge. The first day I wore it, a colleague said I looked glamourous! The first time in my life.

3. Always be comfortable. I have lived my whole life by this, but turning older has just solidified this for me. Trainers or sandals always, elasticated waist bands yes please!

4. Always wear SPF. Enough said! We know too much to not do it.

5. Recycle! A quote that I saw the other day 'There's No Planet B'. Do your bit, where you can! Recycle, take a tote bag (which would eliminate approx 140 plastic bags a year), use a reusable water bottle (which would eliminate approx 100 water bottles a year), all of these things add up.

6. Coffee will get you through anything. Wake up, drink coffee, conquer the world.

7. Upload things on social media for family. I am not one for putting things on social media, but overhearing my Nan speaking with my cousin, she asked him to put some more videos of his son on facebook so she could see. Uploading things so the people in your life can see the little things you are doing.

8. I prefer phonecalls. I am surprised by this myself, as I used to be a texter. But give me a phone, a spare hour after work and some headphones, and I will catch up with people to my hearts content. I have realised this, and now am totally on board.

9. I feel so snazzy when I have matching nails and toenails. It makes me feel polished! I will happily keep the same nail colour for weeks just so that they're the same.

10. A to-do list is key! I have one for work, home, blog ... everything! And ticking it off just makes me feel so much more accomplished!

11. Be yourself! I used to be embarrassed watching certain shows, but speaking about them, I have more in common with people then I thought.

12. Not everyone will like you, and that's OK!

13. Everyone will get married and have babies around you. I am definitely in the minority of my friends being unmarried and childless ... just get used to it.

14. You need to learn more about babies. Because of the above, you will have to become fluent with birthing! I have heard the word 'forceps' too many times for my liking.

15. Happy about who I am. I have heard everyone say it as they get older, but I am genuinely happy with who I am as a person, and just very content.

How did you feel turning 30? Or how do you feel about turning the big 3-0?

No comments:

Post a Comment