How to // Early mornings

August 25, 2015

Image from here


So I recently started a new job! *happy dance*, but the best time to start this job at 7am, meaning a 5am alarm! *sad face*

Below are my tips on getting up at 5! These are realistic, real life tips! I thought I would struggle so much that the week before I started, I was frantically googling: 'how to get up early' and 'early morning tips'. When the answer I was getting were things like:

- Put your alarm on the other side of the room
- Exercise, go for walk, or read a book
- Reflect on what you need to do that day

I knew I was on my own!

In theory these are all great! But in reality, the alarm goes off at 5, I snooze a couple of times, rush out of bed at 5:20 and am out of the door by 5:45! When I have 20 minutes to get dressed with my mind and body still asleep, unfortunately none of the above can help! Here are a few things that have helped me through.

1. Make 5 portions of healthy 'to go' breakfasts at the weekend. Something like a healthy, gluten free blueberry muffin, (maybe I'll post a recipe for this) or even something as simple as buy enough bananas for the week.
2. Lay ALL of your clothes out the night before in the order you will be putting them on.
3. Completely pack your bag the night before, as if you were about to leave for work (breakfast included!)
4. I have become that person that does their make up on the train, if it means I can lay in bed for 10 more minutes I am all for it!

My realistic, weekday morning routine looks a little like this:

- Up
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise
- Brush my teeth
- Get dressed
- Make a takeaway coffee (Vital!)
- Grab my bag
- Run for the bus!

Hopefully this has helped some of you with those dreaded early mornings!

What tips do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment